Zones of intensive interactions over the North Atlantic, 700 hPa level, November
The methods of cluster and component analysis were applied to the existing factors that are associated with the characteristics of heat and moisture exchange at 700 hPa level before their inclusion in the model of regional climates imitation, in order to detect zones of active interaction in the atmosphere over the North Atlantic and determine the regions hosting the processes that cause a significant impact on formation of features of climatic responsive regimes in the Eastern Europe. Each node of a 2,5º2,5º grid covering the North Atlantic has the first three main components identified and they describe more than 80 % of the total dispersion of the interaction processes at 700 hPa level. Using the Universal Iterative Method of data clustering the study defines the homogeneous regions in the fields of main components of vectors of state of meteorological characteristics at 700 hPa level over the North Atlantic. It also specifies a physical and statistical analysis of the obtained clustering schemes which has a good scientific substantiation and shows that the clusters of the first main component are of a large-scale type, and the second and third components have a focal character. At 700 hPa level clusters differ in the intensity of interaction processes. The intensity of processes is characterized by distribution and magnitude of weight loads, average values of representative vectors and intra-cluster dispersion. We determined that the first main component makes the basic contribution to the formation of the majority of initial meteorological values, and the third main component reflects the influence of local features on interaction processes. These facts are confirmed by the manner in which loads over the studied region are distributed on the initial characteristics of atmospheric processes. Intra-cluster dispersion reflects the degree of diversity of these processes by region. The study identifies correspondence of the high-altitude homogeneous zones of the main components to the near-surface cyclic energy-active ocean zones.
2. Lappo, S.S., Gulev, S.K. & Rozhdestvenskiy, A.E. (1990). Krupnomasshtabnoe teplovoe vzaimodeystvie v sisteme okean-atmosfera i energoaktivnye oblasti Mirovogo okeana [Large-scale heat interaction in the ocean-atmosphere system and energy active areas of the World Ocean]. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat. (in Russ.)
3. Marchuk, G.I., Kondrat'ev, K.Ya., Kozoderov, V.V. et al. (1989). Energoaktivnye zony: kontseptual'nye osnovy. Seriya: Atmosfera, okean, kosmos — programma «Razrezy» [Energy-intensive zones: conceptual foundations. Series: Atmosphere, ocean, space - the program "Cuts"]. Moscow: VINITI, vol. II, ch. II. (in Russ.)
4. Grankov, A.G, Marechek, S.V., Milshin, A.A et al. (2013). Issledovanie povedeniya okeana i atmosfery v zonakh deyatelnosti tsiklonov s pomoshchyu sputnikovykh SVCh-radiometricheskikh i nazemnykh sredstv [Research of the behavior of the ocean and the atmosphere in the zones of cyclone activity with the help of Satellite microwave-radiometric and ground-based means]. Zhurnal radioelektroniki [Journal of Radioelectronics], 1, pp. 1-47. (in Russ.)
5. Grankov, A.G., Milshin, A. A., Shelobanova, N. K. et al. (2017). Regulyarnosti i anomalii teplovogo vzaimodeystviya okeana i atmosfery v techenii Golfstrim po dannym mnogoletnikh sputnikovykh SVCh-radiometricheskikh izmereniy. [Regularities and anomalies of the thermal interaction of the ocean and the atmosphere during the Gulf Stream from the data of long-range satellite microwave radiometric measurements]. Problemy okruzhayushchei sredy i prirodnykh resursov [Problems of the environment and natural resources], 2, pp. 13-22. (in Russ.)
6. Ponomarev, V.I., Dmitrieva, Ye.V., Shkorba, S.P. et al. (2013). Vzaimosvyazannye klimaticheskie anomalii v Tikhom okeane i dalnevostochnykh moryakh [Interrelated climatic anomalies in the Pacific Ocean and the Far Eastern seas]. Okeanologicheskie issledovaniya dalnevostochnykh morey i severo-zapadnoy chasti Tikhogo okeana: v 2 kn. [Oceanological research of the Far Eastern Seas and the northwestern part of the Pacific Ocean: in 2 books]. Vladivostok: Far Eastern Science, vol. 1, pp. 13-36. (in Russ.)
7. Serga, E.N. (2016). [Characteristic features of homogeneous areas in the fields of hydrometeorological characteristics in the Northern Atlantic during the cold season]. Vìsnik Odesʹkogo deržavnogo ekologìčnogo unìversitetu [Bulletin of Odessa state environmental university], 20, pp.40-51. (in Russ.).
8. Serga, E.N., & Sushchenko, A.I. (2014). [Climatic zoning of fields of average monthly temperatures of the underlying surface and air in the northern part of the Atlantic Ocean in the winter period]. Austrian Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 9–10, pp. 180–186. (in Russ.).
9. Serga, E.N. & Serga, I. N. (2017). [Zones of intensive interactions within the near-surface layer of the atmosphere in North Atlantic. November]. Vìsnik Odesʹkogo deržavnogo ekologìčnogo unìversitetu [Bulletin of Odessa state environmental university], 22, pp. 32-43. (in Russ.).
10. Serga. E.N. (2017). [Zones of intensive interactions over the North Atlantic: 850 mb geopotential height, november]. Vіsn. Odes. nats. unіv. geograf. ta geolog. nauki. [Bulletin of the ONU], 22(1(30)), pp. 38-51. (in Russ.)
11. Kulaichev, A.P. (2006) Metody i sredstva kompleksnogo analiza dannykh [Methods and means for complex date analysis]. Moscow: INFRA-M. (in Russ.)
12. Shkolnyi E.P., Loeva I.D. & Goncharova L.D. (1999). Obrobka ta analiz hidrometeorolohichnoi informatsii [Processing and analysis of the hydrometeorological data]. Kyiv. (in Ukr.)
13. Sluzhba dannykh ЕСMWF ERA-40 [Data Service ESMWF ERA-40]. Available at: http://www.ecmwf.int/products/data (Accessed: 10.11.2015).
14. Serga, E.N. (2013). [The universal iterative method of clusterization of data]. Ukraïnskij gìdrometeorologìčnij žurnal [Ukrainian hydrometeorological journal], 12, pp. 112-123. (in Russ.).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.