Development of general structure of atmosphere radiosounding system in Ukraine
Obtaining accurate and timely information about the state of the atmosphere is an important requirement for making synoptic, aviation and other forecasts needed in many areas of human activity. One of the main fundamental types of meteorological measurements are aerological measurements produced in the free atmosphere. Among them the most important and significant place is occupied by radio sounding of the atmosphere carried out using upper-air radiosondes elevated in the free atmosphere by a gas-filled casing. The article analyzes the existing system of radiosounding of the Ukrainian atmosphere, determines its drawbacks, highlights demands that meet international standards. The structure of the atmosphere radiosounding system using GPS and GLONASS radionavigation system was also proposed. The authors offer specific technical solutions for the most important elements of the system on the basis of modern information technologies.
2. Velmiskin D. I., Improvement of methods of constructing a system of receiving and processing measurement information to monitor the environment. Research Work no. 0113 U000164, Part 3, 2013. (In Ukrainian)
3. Ivanov V. E., Plokhikh O. V. Radionavigation systems in the upper-air radiosonde measurements. Visnyk GOU VPO UGTU-UPI - Bull SEI HPT UGTU-UPI, 2004, no. 18 (48). (In Russian)
4. Ivanov V. E., Fridzon M. B., Essyak S. P. Sounding of the atmosphere. Technical and metrological aspects of the development and application of radiosonde measuring devices. URO RAN [Bull UB of RAS], 2004, pp. 596 (In Russian)
5. Pеrоvа А. I., Harisova V. N. GLONASS: principles of construction and operation. Radiotehnika [Radiotechniques]. Мoscow, 3d ed., 2005, pp. 688. (In Russian)
6. Shebshaevich V. S., Dmitriev P. P., Ivantsev N. V. Network satellite radio navigation system. Radio i svyaz [Radio&Communications]. Moscow, 2d ed, 1993, pp. 408. (In Russian)
7. Hinzpeter-Max F. E. The reference radiosonde as a tool for improving meteorological data from conventional radiosondes. IEEE Trans. Geosci. Electron., 1973, vol. 11, no 2, pp. 110-123.
8. Lenhard R. W. A ravished assessment of radiosonde accuracy. Bull. Amer. Meteorol. Soc., 1973, vol. 54, no 7, pp. 691-694.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.