On the state and prospects of higher hydrometeorological education in Ukraine: lessons and suggestions
The article analyzes the changes that took place in the higher school of Ukraine over the past 25 years in terms of their impact on the system of training specialists with higher education in hydrometeorological specialties. Three stages of the higher education reforms and their impact on the training of personnel for the hydrometeorological service of Ukraine are singled out. The priority measures are proposed, which will enable the operational departments of the hydrometeorological service to be provided by specialists who meet the modern requirements of the World Meteorological Organization.
2. The Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education”. Vіdomostі Verkhovnoyi Rady URSR (VVR) [The Verkhovna Rada of the USSR News], 2002, no. 20, art. 134. http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2984-14. (In Ukrainian)
3. The Law of Ukraine "On Higher Education”. Vіdomostі Verkhovnoyi Rady URSR (VVR) [The Verkhovna Rada of the USSR News], 2014, no. 37-38, art. 2004. http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1556-18. (In Ukrainian)
4. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine "On Approval of the List of Fields of Knowledge and Specialties under which Higher Education Institutions are Prepared", 29.04.2015, no. 266. http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/ show/266-2015- п. (In Ukrainian)
5. Guiding Principles of Education and Training in the Field of Meteorology and Operative Hydrophysics. Vol. 1. Meteorology. WMO‒no. 258, 2003. (In Russian)
6. Guiding Principles of Education and Training in the Field of Meteorology and Operative Hydrophysics. Vol. 2. Hydrology. WMO‒no. 258, 2007. (In Russian)
7. Guidance on the application of standards for education and training in meteorology and hydrology. Vol. 1. Meteorology. WMO‒no. 1083, 2015. (In Russian)
8. The Law of Ukraine "About hydrometeorological activity”. Vіdomostі Verkhovnoyi Rady URSR (VVR) [The Verkhovna Rada of the USSR News], 1999, no. 16, art. 95. http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/ laws/main/443-14. (In Ukrainian)
9. Technical regulations. Collection of main documents, no. 2. Vol. I. General meteorological standards and recommended practice. WMO‒no. 49, 2015. (In Russian)
10. Guidelines for the Education and Training of Personnel in the Field of Meteorology and Operational Hydrology. Supplement 1. Requirements for training and qualification of aeronautical meteorological personnel. WMO‒no. 258, 2006. (In Russian)
11. Manual on Aeronautical Meteorology. International Civil Aviation Organization. Doc 8896 ICAO, 2011. ICAO, 2012. (In Russian)
12. Del Carpio, Ximena, Olga Kupets, Noel Muller, Anna Olefir. Skills for a modern Ukraine. Overview booklet. World Bank, Washington, DC, 2017.
13. The rules of meteorological aviation security. Joint order of the State Service of Ukraine for overseeing the safety of aviation, the Ministry of Environmental Protection of Ukraine and the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine from 14.11.2005, no. 851/409/661. (In Ukrainian)
14. Requirements for the preparation of aviation meteorological personnel. Order of the State Committee for Hydrometeorology from 28.10.2010, no. 60. (In Ukrainian)
15. Methodical recommendations for assessing the competence of aviation meteorological personnel. Order of the State Service of Ukraine for Emergencies from 05.12.2014, no. 680. (In Ukrainian) 16. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine «On the approval of the Procedure for the development and approval of professional standards» from 31.05.2015, no. 373. http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/ laws/show/373-2017-п. (In Ukrainian)
16. Stepanenko S. M. About the transformation of the system of correspondence education in terms of integration into the European educational space. Vyshcha shkola ‒ Higher school, 2007, pp. 31-37. (In Ukrainian)
17. Guide to the Management and Operation of WMO Regional Training Centres and Other Training Institutions. WMO-no. 1169, 2017.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.