Brief overview of meteorological research in the late XX - early XXI century in Ukraine
In the paper the review of the meteorological research in Ukraine at the end of the 20-th century – the beginning of the 21-th century was made. Researches in the field of meteorology are performed mainly by the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Institute of the State Service of Emergencies of Ukraine and National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Odessa State Environmental University (OSENU) and Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (TSNUK).
The studies of UkrHMI scientific schools headed by well-known scientists in the field of meteorology were devoted to the development of new theories, methods, models in the field of the weather forecasting and dangerous situations in Ukraine, radiation balance, agrometeorology, climate researches in the Ukraine, numerical modeling of cloud physics and active effects on clouds, numerical methods in analysis and forecast of natural and technogenic processes in the atmosphere.
In OSENU, where two scientific schools are established, the scientists study the formation of severe weather and its forecast, diagnose and forecast mesoscale atmospheric circulations, identify nonlinear interaction between the main global structures, detect the features of circulation processes in high latitudes of the southern hemisphere, conduct systematic studies in the field of numerical modelling of physics and dynamics of atmospheric processes with the Enviro-HIRLAM and HARMONIE models.
Scientists of TSNUK study changes in the total column ozone amount in the atmosphere of Antarctic Region and the mid-latitudes of Northern Hemisphere. The work on analyzing the state of climatic parameters and changing the current climate of Ukraine is being carried out at the KNU.
2. Ivus G. P. Spetsializovani prohnozy pohody [Specialized weather forecast]. Odessa: TES Publ., 2012. 407 p.
3. Ivus G. P., Efimov V. A. Fizika antitsiklogeneza [Physics of Anticycogenesis]. Kyiv: KNT, 2005. 208 p.
4. Ivanov S. V., Ivus G. P., Palamarchuk Yu. O. Numerical modeling of a convective cell behind a cold front: heat and moisture flows. Ukr. gìdrometeorol. ž. – Ukr. hydrometeor. j., 2010, no. 6, pp. 120-129. (In Russian)
5. Ivanov S. V., Ivus G. P., Pyshnyak D. V. Numerical modeling mesoscale features atmosphere in a cold front area. Meteorologiya, klimatologiya i gidrologiya – Meteorology, Climatology and Hydrology, 2010, issue 51, pp. 4-14. (In Russian)
6. Grushevsky O., Ivus G. , Ivanov S. Upon the role of Kelvin waves in formation of blocking events over the Easten Europe. European Geosciencs Union, General Assembly. Vienna, Austria, 2007, vol. 9, p. 05902.
7. Ivus G. P., Zubkovych S. O., Khomenko G. V., Kovalkov I. A. Conditions of formation of dangerous wind zones on the territory of Ukraine. European Applied Science, Europaische Fachhochs schule, 2014, ed. 10, pp. 59-64.
8. Ivus G. P., Zubkovych S. O., Agayar E. V, Gurskaya L. M. To the question about typification of synoptic proceses over territory of Ukraine. International Jornal of Research in Earth and Enviromental Sciences, 2015, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 21-27.
9. Ivus G. P., Semergey-Chumachenko A. B., Agayar E. V., Dmitrenko A. P. The influence of heat advection on the formation of low level jets. Ukr. gìdrometeorol. ž. – Ukr. hydrometeor. j., 2011, no. 9, pp. 66–72. (In Russian)
10. Ivus G. P., Efimov V. A., Mishchenko N. M. The results of modeling the interaction of tectonic processes with atmospheric. Meteorologiya, klimatologiya i gidrologiya – Meteorology, Climatology and Hydrology, 2008, issue 50, pp. 58-63. (In Russian)
11. Іvus G. P., Semenova I. G., Koval'kov I. A. The role of hydrodynamic instability of the atmosphere in the processes of cut off cyclogenesis in summer over Ukraine. Vìsn. Odes. derž. ekol. Unìv. – Bull. of OSENU, 2013, vol. 16, pp. 60-66. (In Ukrainian)
12. Ivus G. P., Kivganov A. F., Timofeev V. E. Struynyye techeniya nizhnikh urovney atmosfery [Jet streams of the boundary layer of the atmosphere]. Kyiv: EMC HE, 1991. 49 p.
13. Semenova I. G. Spatial-temporal distribution of droughts in Ukraine in the context of future climate change. Fizychna heohrafiya ta heomorfolohiya – Fisical Geografy and Geomorfology, 2015, issue 01 (77), pp. 144-151. (In Ukrainian)
14. Voloshin V. G. Dinamicheskaya model zagryazneniya atmosfery s meteorologicheskim preprotsessorom [Dynamic model of atmospheric pollution with meteorological preprocessor]. Odessa: Ekologiya, 2013. 296 p.
15. Stepanenko S. M. Dynamika ta modelyuvannya klimatu [Dinamics and climate modelling]. Odessa, 2013. 203 p.
16. Klimatychni zminy ta yikh vplyv na sfery ekonomiky Ukrayiny [Climate change and their impact on the spheres of economy of Ukraine]. Odessa: TES, 2015. 520 p. (Eds: S. M. Stepanenko, A. M. Polevoy).
17. Kivhanov A. F., Khomenko G. V., Khokhlov V. M., Bondarenko V. M. Hidrodynamichni modeli prohnozu pohody i sitkovi metody yikh realizatsiyi [Hydrodynamic models of weather forecasting and network methods of their realization]. Odessa: TES, 2002. 179 p.
18. Khomenko G. V., Khokhlov V. M. Hidrodynamichni metody prohnozu pohody [Hydrodynamic weather forecasting methods]. Odessa: Ekolohiya, 2008. 338 p.
19. Khomenko G. V., Khokhlov V. M., Bondarenko V. M. Praktykum z hidrodynamichnykh metodiv prohnozu pohody [Workshop on hydrodynamic methods of weather forecast]. Odessa: TES, 2002. 206 p.
20. Goncharova L. D. Vozdushnyye techeniya troposfery i stratosfery severnogo polushariya [Air currents of the troposphere and stratosphere of the northern hemisphere]. Odessa: TES, 2014. 297 p.
21. Shkol'nyy Ye. P., Loyeva I. D., Honcharova L. D. Obrobka ta analiz hidrometeorolohichnoyi informatsiyi [Processing and analysis of hydrometeorological information]. Odessa, 1999. 600 p.
22. Groisman P. Ya., Ivanov S. V. Regional aspects of climate-terrestrial-hydrologic interactions in non-boreal Eastern Europe. Springer, 2009. 376 p.
23. Burman E. A. Mestnyye vetry [Local winds]. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1969. 343 p.
24. Borisova S. V. Mezomasshtabnyye tsirkulyatsii v gorakh [Mesoscale circulation in the mountains]. Odessa: Ekologiya, 2013. 222 p.
25. Babichenko V. M. Stykhіynі meteorolohіchnі yavyshcha na terytorіyi Ukrainy za ostannye dvadtsyatyrіchchya (1986-2005) [Elemental meteorological phenomena on the territory of Ukraine during the last twenty years (1986-2005)]. UkrSRHMI; State Hydrometeorological Service. Kyiv: Nika-Center, 2006. 312 p.
26. Buikov M. V. Kinetics of distillation in a polidisperse fog. Izv Acad Sci USSR, Ser. Geophys, 1961, vol. 7, pp. 1058-1065 (published by the American Geophysical Union and the American Meteorological Society).
27. Pirnach G. M. Chysel'ne modelyuvannya khmar ta opadіv u systemakh atmosfernykh frontіv [Numerical simulation of clouds and precipitation in systems of atmospheric fronts]. UkrSRHMI. Kyiv: Nika-Center, 2008, 295 p.
28. Bakhanov V. P. Physics of clouds and active impacts. Report on the works for 1987-1990, submitted to the International Association of Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics for the 20th Assembly of the International Geophysical and Geo-Discipline Union. Moscow: Interdepartmental Geophysical Committee of the USSR Academy of Sciences, 1991, pp. 5-25. (In Russian)
29. Leskov B. N. Technological aspects of productions increase in winter rainfall. Tr. UkrNIGMI – Scientific works of UkrSRHMI, 1991, issue 242, pp. 3-17. (In Russian)
30. Voloschuk V. M., Prusov V. A., Budak I. V., Shpig V. M., Krivobok O. A., Skrynyk O. Ya. The system of operative response to accidental emissions of harmful impurities into the atmosphere. Tr. UkrNIGMI – Scientific works of UkrSRHMI, 2015, issue 267, pp. 3-8. (In Ukrainian)
31. Prusov V. A., Doroshenko A. Y. Hydrodynamic Modeling of Industrial Pollutants Spreading in Atmosphere. Mathematical Problems in Meteorological Modelling, 2016, pp 87-116. (Eds: András Bátkai, Petra Csomós, István Faragó, András Horányi, Gabriella Szépszó).
32. Martasinova V. F, Timofeev V. E. The role of atmospheric circulation in climate change in the Antarctic Peninsula. Global'nye i regional'nye izmeneniya klimata [Global and regional climate change]. Kiev, Nika-Center, 2011, pp. 267-279. (In Russian)
33. Martazinova V. F. The metod of the floating analog, two-month quasi-periodicity of the atmospheric processes and long-range weather forecasting. APEC Seminar Reports, 2006. http://www.apcc21.net/common/ download. php?filename=sem/CLIMATe%20CHANGE.
34. Martasinova V. F. The method of a floating analog and a two-stage quasiperiodicity of atmospheric processes in long-term forecasting. Sb. Problemy i dostizheniya dolgosrochnogo meteorologicheskogo prognozirovaniya [Coll. works Problems and achievement of long-term meteorological forecasting]. Kiev: Nika-Center. 2012. (In Russian)
35. Shpyg V., Budak I., Pishniak D., Poperechnyi P. The Application of Regional NWP Models to Operational Weather Forecasting in Ukraine. CAS Technical Conference (TECO) on “Responding to the Environmental Stressors of the 21st Century”: 18-19 November 2013 : Conf. Materials. Antalya, 2013. http://www.wmo.int/pages/ prog/arep/ cas /documents/Ukraine-NWPModels.pdf
36. Shpyg V., Budak I. WRF reflectivity simulation and verification of thunderstorm forecast by radar and surface observation. 16th International Radar Symposium : 24-26 June 2015 : Symposium Materials. Dresden, 2015, pp. 610-615. DOI: 10.1109/IRS.2015.7226388.
37. Martazinova V. F., Ivanova E. K. Classification of synoptic processes by the method of fields of standards and its application in long-term weather forecast. Trudy nauchnogo seminara «Problemy i dostizheniya dolgosrochnogo meteorologicheskogo prognozirovaniya», 5-7 oktyabrya 2011 [Proc. of the scientific seminar "Problems and achievement of long-term meteorological forecasting", October 5-7, 2011]. Kiev, Nika -Centre, 2011. pp. 40-46. (In Russian)
38. Balabukh V. A, et al. An integrated information system on spontaneous meteorological phenomena and processes that determine them. Global'nye i regional'nye izmeneniya klimata [Global and regional climate change]. Kiev: Nika-Center, 2011. p. 147-154. (In Russian)
39. Krivobok O. A., Krivoshein A. O. New technical and technological possibilities of monitoring for especially dangerous phenomena of the weather. Pershyy Vseukrains'kyy hіdrometeorolohіchnyy z’izd: 22-23 bereznya 2017 r., m. Odesa, Ukraina [First All-Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Congress: March 22-23, 2017, Odessa, Ukraine]. Odessa: TPP, 2017, pp. 258-260. (In Russian)
40. Khotyaintsev V. M., Bardakov R. V., Krakovska S. V., Spyg V. M. Evolution of a mixed cloud: growth of ice particles. Tr. UkrNIGMI – Scientific works of UkrSRHMI, 2016, issue 268, pp. 3-15. (In Ukrainian)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.