Monitoring the solar energy resources of Ukraine
Amid political and, consequently, economic and environmental problems engulfing Ukraine one of the today's challenges consists in studying the possibility of use of natural potential of renewable energy sources. Resources of solar radiation have no negative impact on the natural environment and human activity. Therefore development of helioenergetics and at the same time climatic substantiation of solar power plants use research become more and more important. The purpose of this article is to evaluate of the solar radiation potential opportunities for implementation of technical innovations within the territory of Ukraine and to identify prospects of helioenergetics development. Special indicators of solar radiation components for 1961-1990 s are showed. Using the method of mathematical statistics we defined a value of direct solar radiation contribution forming a part of the total radiation for the warm season (April-September). During the period of 1991-2015 an increase of solar radiation climatic resources relative to climatological standard norm of 1961-1990 was revealed. Over 2001-2015 annual direct and total solar radiation values increased even more in comparison to 1991-2000. Increase of duration of sunshine was also observed. Due to changes of radiation characteristics special indicators of solar for 1991-2015 were specified. The prospects of solar radiation use in helioenergetics proved their feasibility in Crimea, steppe zone, eastern part of forest-steppe zone and even in some parts of Polissya. Comparing to previous years, in terms of sunshine duration over 2000 hours per annum the territory expanded northward. Restrictions on innovations implementation apply to western forest-steppe zone and mountainous areas of Ukrainian Carpathians. Increase of solar radiation regime components determining the feasibility of solar power energy resources form the basis for their countrywide use.
2. Atlas of the energy potential of renewable and alternative energy sources. Kiev: Institute of renewable energy of NASU, 2005. 44 р. (In Ukrainian)
3. Atlases of heat and sunny climates in Russia. St. Petersburg: Publ. MGO, 1997. 173 р. (Ed.: M. M. Borisenko, V. V. Stadnik). (In Russian)
4. Berliand T. G., Stadnik V. V. Climatic studies of radiation and heat Earth balance. Sovremennye issledovaniya Glavnoy geofizicheskoy observatorii [Modern research Main Geophysical Observatory]. St. Petersburg, 2001, Vol. 2, рр. 273-296. (In Russian)
5. Dzenzerskii V. A. Prospects of solar power development in Ukraine. Nauka ta innovatsiyi - Science and innovations, 2007, no. 3, рр. 36-42. (In Russian)
6. Pivovarova Z. I. Development of climatic parameters for potential solar radiation energy resources evaluation on the territory of the USSR. Materialy ХІІ soveshchaniya po aktinometrii [Proceedings of XII conference on actinometry]. Irkutsk, 1984, рp. 57-61. (In Russian)
7. Kobysheva N. V., Khairullin K. S. (Eds). Entsiklopediya klimaticheskikh resursov Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Encyclopedia of the Russian Federation climatic resources]. St. Petersburg: Gidrometeoizdat, 2005, 319 р.
8. Volevakha M. M., Goisa M. I. Enerhetychni resursy klimatu Ukrayiny [Energy resources of Ukraine climate]. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka, 1967. 132 р.
9. Lipіns'kiy V. M., Dyachuk V. A., Babichenko V. M. (Eds). Klimat Ukrayiny [Climate of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Rayevs'kyy Publ., 2003. 343 p.
10. Dmytrenko L. V., Barandich S. L. Assessment of solar power climatic resources in Ukraine. Naukovi pratsi UkrNDHMI - Scientific papers the UkrSRHI, 2007, issue 256, рр. 121-129. (In Ukrainian).
11. Kudria T. S., Reztsov V. F. Surzhyk T. V. Some features of solar energy transformation in the elements of solar collectors and solar batteries. Dopovidi NAN Ukrayiny - Reports of the NAS of Ukraine, 2005, issue 3, рр. 88-92. (In Ukrainian)
12. Mkhitaryan N. M. Energetika netraditsionnykh i vozobnovlyaemykh istochnikov [Alternative and renewable energy sources]. Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1999. 314 р.
13. Selikhov Yu. A., Kotsarenko V. A. Evaluation of the solar collectors’ thermal energy conversion effectiveness. Ekotekhnologii i resursosberezhenie - Ecological technologies and resource conservation, 2006, issue 1, рp. 8-12. (In Russian)
14. Sukhin Ye. I. Netraditsionnaya energetika v obespechenii ekonomicheskoy bezopasnosti gosudarstva [Alternative energy in the state economic security provision]. Kiev: Znania Ukraini, 2004. 299 р.
15. Shchokin A. R. Decisions and Directives of the European Union to create favorable conditions for energy produced from renewable energy sources use that must be considered on the Ukraine’s way to join the European Union. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats' Mizhnarodnoyi naukovo-tekhnichnoyi konferentsiyi "Enerhoefektyvnist'-2005", misto Odesa, 14 zhovtnya 2005 roku [Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference "Energy efficiency-2005" city Odessa, October 14, 2005]. Odesa, 2005, р. 22-28. (In Ukrainian)
16. Climate cadastre Ukraine: 6 parts. Part 1: Solar radiation and sunshine. Kyyiv: USRHMI; CGO, 2006. 136 p. (In Ukrainian)
17. Rybchenko L. S., Savchuk S. V. Potential of helioenergetical and climatic resources of solar radiation in Ukraine. Ukrayins'kyy heohrafichnyy zhurnal - Ukrainian Geographical Journal, 2015, issue 4, рр. 16-23. (in Ukrainian)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.