Assessment and analysis of heat provision vulnerability in the main wine-producing region of Armenia (Ararat valley and foothill area) within the context of expected climate change
The paper reviews and assesses heat provision conditions of Armenia's main wine-producing region (Ararat Valley and foothill area), analyzes the patterns of temporal distribution of heat provision and determines how they are affected by the global climate change.
It demonstrates increase of active temperatures observed in the main wine-producing region.
2. Ayvazyan, P.K., Ayvazian, G., Barseghyan, Mr. (2015). The main grape varieties spreaded in Armenia. Viticulture and wine production specialization and distribution of varieties. Manual. Yerevan: ALIS.
3. Fulga, I.G. (1989). Fundamentals of viticulture and fruit growing. 2nd ed., revised and completed. Moscow: Agropromizdat.
4. Mkrtchyan, R.S., Melkonian, D.H., Badalyan, V.H. (2011). Agroclimatic resources of Armenia. MES of Armenia & Hydrometeorological and Monitoring Service of Armenia "Armstatehydromet". Yerevan: Lusabats.
5. Margaryan, V.G. (2016). The dynamics change of average annual values of air temperature in instrumental period (on the pattern of mountainous territory of the Republic of Armenia). The Conference Global Climate Observation: the Road to the Future, 2-4 March, Amsterdam, pp. 37-38. Available at: Abstracts_GCOS_Science_Conference_2-4 March2016.pdf (accessed: 20.06.2016).
6. Margaryan, V.G. (2017). The problems of change climate conditions for the period of over the last century over mountainous territory of Armenian Republic. Abstract book: Zaragoza 5th Open Science Meeting. Global challenges for our Common Future a Paleoscience Perspective, 9-13 May, Zaragoza, Spain, p. 310.
7. Ministry of Nature Protection of the Republic of Armenia (2015). Armenia’s Third National Communication on Climate Change. Yerevan: Lusabats.
8. Margaryan, V.G., Guloyan, G.V. (2017). The vulnerability and risk assessment of agricultural crops in the conditions of expected climate change in the Republic of Armenia. Book of Abstracts: MACSUR Science Conference, 22-24 May, Berlin, p. 103.
9. Margaryan, V.G., Mkhitaryan, M.S. (2017). Assessment of viticulture and winemaking vulnerability in the expected conditions of climate change in Ararat valley and foothills. Book of Abstracts: MACSUR Science Conference, 22-24 May, Berlin, p. 102.
10. Margaryan, V.G., Mkhitaryan, M.S., Simonyan, L.M. (2017). Assessment and analysis of heat-providing vulnerability of main viticulture industrial region of Armenia in expected climate change. International conference landscape dimensions of sustainable development: science - planning - governance. Book of Abstracts. ICLDS-2017, 4-6 October, Tbilisi, Georgia, pp. 69-70.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.